Windows 10 network printing issue

To hear any English text, just double-click or hightlight!

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  JesseVoss 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

JesseVoss
    Participant

HI,

I administrate several banks of public access computers. They were updated to Windows 10 in December, but only recently started displaying the issue I’m having trouble with. They have several printers installed on them, all network printers and all via static IP (before anyone asks, this is the setup that works best for the location). The network set up has been in place for a decade with little change, current printers are just a few years old. However, recently the Windows 10 machines started intermittently throwing out the error “Before you can perform print-related tasks such as page setup or printing a document, you need to install a printer.” There are an equal number of Windows 7 machines, same printers installed via the same method, that do NOT get this error. Nothing has changed with the network or printers (or machines, they were new a year ago). Software-wise ALL the machines have a mix of Office 2010/2013/2016 and all also have Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat installed). I’ve found some random search results that may tie it to Adobe, but there’s nothing definitive. I’ve tried removing/installing printers again (using Windows 10 drivers where available), setting the default to a non-printer (Adobe .pdf printer) as that was mentioned on the Adobe forums, no change from either. Several of the machines have had a clean Windows 10 install recently (after the problem started cropping up) and still get the error afterwards.Hoping someone has seen this or has a better idea of the cause, didn’t find anything in my forum search and Google gives me very little of substance other then the Adobe posts

Please help.

I did not find the right solution from the internet.

References:
    https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1319469
    Video Animation Production Agency

Thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.